ESPN 1440's Chili Cookoff Contest
Contest Rules and Eligibility:
1. Participants and winner must be U.S. Residents and at least 21 years of age.
2. Participants must be able to provide proof of age and identification. (Drivers License,US ID Passport, School ID)
3. Contestants must comply with all health laws, ordinances, and regulations of the State of Texas, Nueces County, and the City of Corpus Christi pertaining to health and sanitation.
4. One Submission per person. Any additional submissions from a single participant will result in disqualification.
5. No purchase is necessary or required in order to register or participate in any station contest.
6. Any contestant found to have given false information will be disqualified.
7. Any contestant violating any rule, gaining unfair advantages, or obtaining winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is also prohibited. ESPN 1440 will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and all decisions by ESPN 1440 will be final.
8. ESPN 1440 reserves the right to terminate this contest or make any other decisions regarding the outcome of the contest as ESPN 1440 deems appropriate. ESPN 1440 may waive any of these rules at its sole discretion.
9. By participating in the contest, participants and winners waive all claims of liability against ESPN 1440, its employees and agents, the contest sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss (including mental injury) which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in the contest, or from use of any prize.
10. ESPN 1440 may substitute prizes, amend the rules, dates or discontinue or extend the contest at any time as announced on the air or on espncorpus.com. ESPN 1440 disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the contest.
11. By participation in the contest, contestants agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by station management.
12. All conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. ESPN 1440 shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
13. All decisions made by ESPN 1440 management are final.
General Contest Rules
The following rules apply to all ESPN 1440 contests and prizes unless otherwise specified by a contest or promotion.
1. Employees of Malkan Interactive Communications, sponsors, affiliated companies, and their immediate family and household members or NOT eligible to win.
2. No purchase necessary. Must be a legal Texas resident at least 12 or older to enter. If under 18, legal guardian must co-sign all documents required in this contest and will be recognized as the actual winner.
3. One winner per family and household per contest.
4. A person can only win once every 15 days. For prizes valued at $600 or more, a person can only win once every six months.
5. On-site entries and mail-in entries, while supplies last, must be received by the announced deadline, must be handwritten, legible and include all required information. One entry per person.
7. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
8. ESPN 1440 is not responsible for late or lost mail, technical failures or errors. Decisions of ESPN 1440 management are final. Prizes may be subject to restrictions.
9. Winners may be required to present state photo ID, social security number and sign a liability release. Failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
10. Prizes must be claimed within 14 days (two weeks). Any prizes not claimed within 14 days shall be considered forfeited and will be redistributed.
11. Winner responsible for all taxes. ESPN 1440 can substitute with prize of equal or greater value. Prizes not transferable or redeemable for cash.
12. Entry constitutes consent to use your name, voice and likeness for any advertising or promotional purpose. ESPN 1440 may stop or suspend any contest, or change these rules at any time. Void where prohibited.
13. All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the station’s studios at 2117 Leopard Street during normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed unless otherwise determined by the station. Prizes will be released to winners only.
14. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.